There is a very powerful feature in classic console that whenever any changes happens at any record by other users, you can know it in list view and case detail page as well: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/service_console_customize/service_console_customize_push
But unfortunately, Salesforce does not provide this feature in lightning service console yet — a real pain for support agent. Here is an idea as well: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000lJYEQA2. It being shown that it’s part of Salesforce roadmap but don’t know when!!
Till that I came to workaround- at least works at Case detail level. I am just going to explain approach that you need to follow.
- Using platform event subscription & lightning:empApi
- Create a platform event called: Case_Event_e
- Create a custom field on this PE called “Message__c”
- Create a lightning Component as mentioned in github gist.
- Add this lightning component in Case Record page somewhere to make sure that whenever case record pages loads, this lightning component loads too.
Here is sample code: https://gist.github.com/ayub-ansari/631454951cd8fe46c7bc14d2a9b8d7c9
Second approach is same as first event , only difference is we do not need to create a custom event and use standard event called “Change Data”
Using Change Data Capture event and lightning:empApi