PERSON ACCOUNT: PROS
- Clear visual differentiation between a person account and business account (icon).
- All Person Account can be found on one record (no dummy account record needed).
- Volume is not an issue. We have implementation that support up to 6 million consumer records.
- There is a Clear delineation of consumer records regarding the integration with other systems that support consumers only.
- Clear delineation of consumer records regarding any CTI integrations.
- Simple data import with Contact fields using the Salesforce import wizard.
- Person Account information shows on both Account and Contact reports.
- Contact fields directly accessible via Apex through single Account instance.
- Person Accounts are supported by Salesforce 1.
PERSON ACCOUNT: CONS
- Person Accounts utilize higher amounts of data storage.
- Person Account can not be enabled as Partner or Customer User Account (https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdcxrUAB/make-partner-community-licenses-usable-for-person-accounts).
- You can’t disable them once you enable them.
- There are more logical ways to structure data.
- Business Change or Upgrade.
- Limited Reporting and Search
- Person Accounts never get new features released to them
- Person Accounts Not Supported in Lightning Sync
- Person Accounts do not roll-up to Parent Accounts within the Account Hierarchy
- Added complexity to development. Any existing object formulas, assignment rules and workflows will need to be reviewed and updated.
- Some of the Apps in Appexchange do not support Person Account.
- Lead conversion is more complex.
- When person accounts are enabled the contact sharing model is always “Controlled by Parent”.
- Community 360 does not work with Person Account.
- There are limited ways to add Person Account in Campaign: https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdlHaUAJ/adding-person-accounts-to-campaigns
Some other useful help Articles: